Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cravings... FULFILLED!

Upon landing back home, I was promptly greeted by Papa, who then showed me his astounding "rockstar" parking spot, which was just one row away from the exit of the airport. When he told me about it, I was so incredulous that I thought he was being sarcastic and had actually parked the car on the other end of economy parking. But there she was, our good old Saturn Vixen, greeting me as I stepped out of the airport doors. Papa and I reminisced on musical favorites on the ride home. My DJ skills were confirmed as the last song ended just as we were about to pull into the driveway.

I had spaghetti dinner made by Mama, a meal of tradition for my family that I had been sorely missing. I settled down to a viewing of The Incredibles with Eli that I had been craving throughout the day. We learned that this is a very good movie not only because it's awesome (seriously, amazing, if you haven't seen it, do), but because we had a particularly fun time commenting on why it was awesome. (principles of animation, story, characters) Unfortunately, Eli was sentenced to bed before the movie ended due to the fact that he's still in school, at which point he went upstairs to finish his Pre-Calculus homework.

After the movie ended I computered about for a while. I had a lovely text conversation with Meredith in which I finally brought closure to the stocking stuffer madness. I spent two weeks filling Meredith's stocking on the outside of her door with apples, and her roommate's with cookies. Yesterday I finally gave Meredith the cookie she had desired, for which she was very excited and grateful. I fell asleep at about 130AM, earlier than I have done in weeks, and I woke up at 1130AM to a text from Evan that said he was walking by my house, not knowing I was already home. I hailed him inside, and we chatted for a bit before he left for a train to visit his girlfriend.

Now I am more full of sleep than I have been in ages, and I have nothing to do. I think I'll go take that bath I've wanted. Now that I have access to, you know, a bathtub and everything. Okay, my house is cold and the bath is warm, so Ima stop procrastinating this. Bye!

Evan– AKA Estrow. Evan is a mechanical-engineer-in-the-making, so I hope someday he'll design and build me something cool. He is also the owner of the original heyman hat, though it was made the Heyman Hat by Dirk. No matter what, Evan is always found holding a half gallon of Wawa Iced Tea, and I commend him for his devotion. I must also credit Evan for his mad jumpstyle dancing skills mixed with Russian dancing and hat tips. I could never...

Dirk– This guy. The originator of the Heyman Hat, nuff said. "Hey, man!" became Evan's catch phrase when Dirk, wearing said hat, was challenged to impersonate Evan. At the time, "Hey, man!" was not a catch phrase associated with him, but that's all Dirk could think of after 11 hours of bus riding. He's usually sharper and wittier, when well-nourished and -slept, but either way, he's almost always cracking jokes. Licensed funnyguy.

No comments:

Post a Comment