Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hack It Up

[EDIT: From now on, I'm not explaining people in-post. If there's someone who's unfamiliar to you, please refer to the people reference page ===> ]

Last night I visited indoor drumline practice at my school, much to the surprise and excitement of my high school friends. Afterward, I settled down to watch Batman Begins with Eli, but he left halfway through which means I get to watch half of it again tonight :)

This morning, I finally got some work done around the house, and it was looking pretty spiffy. Evan and Stephen then showed up, and we hacked for a little while. For those who don't know, hacking is when you take a hackysack, and you try to keep it in the air with as many hits as possible, but without touching it with hands. Also no self-serves. As awesome as frisbee and hockey are, hacking really is the best sport to play AND the best sport to watch. Though it's also the hardest sport to watch because watching generally leads to joining the game.

We decided then that it was time for a Wawa run. I have been without Wawa for three weeks, and two months before that and it's unacceptable. Evan and Stephen have had access to Wawa for this whole semester and it's absolutely unjust that Wawa doesn't exist where I now live. But for now, everything has been rectified by a 10-inch hoagie, a half-gallon of Wawa iced tea, and half a box of cookies. Delightful. While waiting for our hoagies to be made, we saw Amy K and Mike B and chatted with them for a while, and it was nice to catch up.

Upon our return home, the inevitable occurred: we loaded up a game of Mario Kart Wii, and it was then that our fate for the afternoon was decided. I started out on the Bit Bike, because for some reason I thought that was what I used to drive, but it only reminded me why Mario Kart is the most frustrating thing in the known universe. As soon as I remembered my finesse and skill at the wheel of the Cheep Charger, however, I was able to reinstall my karting dynasty that had been suspended approximately one semester earlier. Eli showed up after two grand prixs (prixes? prix=plural?) and filled the final controller slot. We managed to engineer a combined victory for the blue karts after a 10-race team series, during which hilarious quotations abounded:

"Oh there are cactuses there for a reason..." –Eli

"I've never had this many un-points!" –Evan

...and many more, for a good time had by all. We hacked for a little while longer before Evan and Stephen took their leave.

Eli and I spar every once in a while. Usually it ends in a stalemate, but today he managed to catch my kick and push it upward, compromising my balance and sending us both thudding to the floor. It was, in layman's terms, fucking hilarious.

Oh my. Mama just watched a bunch of Youtube videos about Sriracha sauce, and the kitchen currently contains that and scrambled eggs. Needless to say, I'm leaving to eat. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment