Monday, December 19, 2011

Old habits NEVER DIE

I think I had a lucid dream this morning, but I may have just been daydreaming. It's hard to tell because they're almost the same thing. Also lucid dreams easily turn into regular dreams if you forget you're controlling them, but that might be one of those things that actually only happens to me.

This morning was just like the Sunday mornings I remember, because I started out with some coffee and challenged Papa to a sudoku puzzle and a kenken puzzle. I won both, which is surprising because Papa is a bit of a sudoku enthusiast.

Then I started playing Minecraft. This was my first time in months. It was at precisely this point that I knew the day was lost.

I tried to redeem myself by washing dishes and helping make dinner, but I couldn't shake away that dirty feeling of laziness, and the rest of the evening was consumed. More Minecraft, some websurfing... I found out Kim Jong Il died today, because facebook told me so. Also, try googling "big fishy" and clicking the first link. It's really fun, until you realize how irresponsibly you're using your time.

Eli's working late on a science project (due tomorrow, naturally), and he has been all day, so I haven't even had someone with whom to share my antisociality. And it gets worse. For a little while I was playing Mario Kart. SINGLE PLAYER MARIO KART. That's how advanced my condition is. I have become a stage four couch potato. I'm worried all my muscles are going to atrophy except the ones I use to process food, or to use a mouse/controller/keyboard.

Maybe if I do a deck workout this day won't be a total loss. Though I'm pretty tired, and there's nobody else working out, so odds of me staying motivated are slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment